Book Your Free Consultation Today!
Types of Visas
To be eligible for the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) 482 Visa under the Labour Agreement stream, applicants must meet specific criteria outlined by the Australian Department of Home Affairs. Here are the key application criteria:
- Labour Agreement: Employers must have a valid Labour Agreement in place with the Australian government. This agreement should outline the terms and conditions for sponsoring overseas workers under the TSS 482 Visa program.
- Nominated Occupation: The applicant must be nominated by an Australian employer for an occupation that is consistent with the terms of the Labour Agreement. The nominated occupation should align with the skills and expertise of the visa applicant.
- Skills and Qualifications: Visa applicants must demonstrate that they possess the necessary skills, qualifications, and work experience required for the nominated occupation. This often involves providing evidence of relevant qualifications and employment history.
- English Language Proficiency: Depending on the Labour Agreement and the specific requirements of the employer, applicants may need to meet certain English language proficiency standards. This can typically be demonstrated through English language test scores.
- Character and Health Requirements: Applicants must meet character and health requirements. This may involve providing police clearances and undergoing a health examination.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant: Applicants must genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily. They should have a clear intention to return to their home country once their visa expires.
The Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) 482 Visa has three main streams:
- Short-Term Stream: This stream is designed for employers to fill short-term skill shortages with foreign workers. It allows for visa durations of up to two years and can be renewed once while the visa holder is in Australia.
- Medium-Term Stream: The medium-term stream is for employers seeking to fill medium-term skill shortages. It provides a visa duration of up to four years and offers a pathway to permanent residency through the Temporary Residence Transition stream if certain conditions are met.
- Labour Agreement Stream: The Labour Agreement stream is for employers with a valid Labour Agreement in place. It allows for the sponsorship of foreign workers in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
The TSS 482 Visa offers the following features:
- Work in Australia: Visa holders are permitted to work in Australia in their nominated occupation for their sponsoring employer.
- Multiple Entry: This visa allows for multiple entries into Australia during its validity period, which means visa holders can travel in and out of the country as needed.
- Family Members: Visa holders can include eligible family members (spouse, de facto partner, dependent children) in their visa application. Family members can also work and study in Australia.
- Pathway to Permanent Residency: Depending on the stream and circumstances, TSS 482 Visa holders may have a pathway to permanent residency in Australia through the Temporary Residence Transition stream or other permanent residency programs.
Eligibility for the TSS 482 Visa under the Labour Agreement stream is determined by the terms and conditions outlined in the specific Labour Agreement between the employer and the Australian government. To apply for this visa, individuals must be nominated by an employer who has an active Labour Agreement in place.
It’s crucial to note that eligibility requirements may vary based on the specific terms of the Labour Agreement, so potential applicants should work closely with their sponsoring employer to ensure they meet all the necessary criteria.
For detailed and up-to-date information on the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) 482 Visa, including specific eligibility criteria and application procedures, applicants are advised to visit the official website of the Australian Department of Home Affairs: Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) 482 Visa – Labour Agreement Stream