Book Your Free Consultation Today!
Types of Visas
|Step 1||Start your Process with FBP|
|Step 2||Lodge your Skill Assessment|
|Step 3||Lodge Expression of Interest through Skill Select|
|Step 5||Receive SN (State Nomination) & ITA (invitation to apply) for the visa|
|Step 6||Lodge Visa application (within 60 days of ITA)|
|Step 7||Receive 189 Visa Grant|
The Skilled Independent (Points-tested) stream is designed for point-tested skilled workers who do not have employer sponsorship, family member sponsorship, or a nomination from a state or territory government.
Key points about this visa:
- It grants you permanent residency, allowing you to live and work in Australia indefinitely.
- To be eligible for the Skilled Independent (Points-tested) stream, you must first submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- New Zealanders seeking to migrate to Australia can apply under the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) New Zealand stream.
To be eligible for the Subclass 189 Skilled Independent Visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your profession must be on the 189 occupation list (MLTSSL).
- You must have a skills assessment of your occupation recognized by Australia.
- You must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and receive an invitation from the authorities to apply.
- You need to score enough points in the points test based on your occupation.
- You must be between the ages of 18 to 44 years.
- You must demonstrate your English language proficiency.
- You must meet all health and character requirements.
- You can stay in Australia indefinitely.
- You are allowed to work and study in Australia.
- You are eligible to enroll in Medicare, Australia’s medical and spending system.
- You can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency.
- You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you like for up to five years after your visa is issued.