Book Your Free Consultation Today!

Home > > Types of Visas > > Kaary (Work) Visas > > General Skilled Migration (GSM) > > 190 (Skilled nominated) Visa
Types of Visas
190 (Skilled nominated) Visa 

The Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) is a point-based visa that provides skilled workers with an opportunity to live and work in an Australian state or territory permanently

Step-by-Step Process to Apply for 190 (Skilled nominated) Visa:

Step 1Start your Process with FBP
Step 2Lodge your Skill Assessment
Step 3Lodge Expression of Interest through SkillSelect
Step 4
  • Apply for SN (State Nomination)
  • Lodge ROI (Registration of Interest) with the State (if applicable)
  • Receive ITA (Invitation to Apply) from the State
  • Lodge SN (State Nomination)
Step 5Receive SN (State Nomination) & ITA (invitation to apply) for the visa
Step 6Lodge Visa application (within 60 days of ITA)
Step 7Receive 190 Visa Grant
  • Check the occupation lists: Each state and territory in Australia has its own list of high-demand occupations. Ensure that your occupation is on the list and meets any specific requirements related to work experience, English proficiency, or special skills.
  • Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI): Through SkillSelect, submit an EOI with details about your occupation, skills, and qualifications. Your score will be evaluated based on the points system. If your score is high enough, state and territory government agencies may review your EOI and consider nominating you.
  • Nomination by a state or territory: If you receive a nomination from a state or territory agency, you must apply for the visa within 60 days of the invitation.
  • Visa application processing: Once you have been invited, submit your visa application. The processing of your visa application will then take place.
  • The visa is point-based and requires nomination by an Australian state or territory government.
  • It allows skilled workers to live and work in Australia as permanent residents.
  • You can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.


  • Your profession should be on the 190 occupation list.
  • You will need an Australia-recognized skill assessment of your occupation.
  • You will need to meet the points test pass mark of 65 points (as of 20 Dec 2022).
  • You will need to be nominated by a state or territory government agency.
  • You will need to submit a letter of Expression of Interest and be invited by the authorities to apply.
  • You must be between the age of 18 to 44 years.
  • You will need to prove your English language ability.
  • You will need to meet all health and character requirements.
  • You can be in Australia or offshore when you submit your EOI. You can either be in Australia or overseas when you apply for a Subclass 190 Skilled visa.
  • If you are to lodge your Subclass 190 (skilled nominated) from within Australia, you will need to hold a Bridging A, B, or C visa. This bridging visa will allow you to remain in Australia during the processing of your visa application.
  • If your current visa is refused or canceled, then you will not be eligible to apply for the 190 visa while you are onshore in Australia.
  • How long can I stay?
    • Indefinite stay in Australia.
  • Can I study and work?
    • Yes, you can work and study in Australia.
  • Would I be eligible to enroll in Medicare?
    • You can enroll in Medicare, Australia’s medical and spending system.
  • Can I sponsor visas Sponsor a relative who is eligible for permanent residency?
    • Yes, you can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
  • Will I be able to travel?
    • You can enter and leave Australia as many times as you like for up to five years after your visa is issued.