Book Your Free Consultation Today!
Types of Visas
It is a provisional visa that allows skilled workers and their families to reside and work in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years. After three years from the date of visa grant, the holders of the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) subclass 491 visa can apply for a Permanent Residence visa.
To be eligible for this visa, applicants must be nominated by:
- An Australian state or territory government agency, or
- Sponsored by an eligible family member residing in a designated regional area and be invited to apply for the visa after submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect.
|Step 1||Start your Process with FBP|
|Step 2||Lodge your Skill Assessment|
|Step 3||Lodge Expression of Interest through SkillSelect|
|Step 5||Receive SN (State Nomination) & ITA (invitation to apply) for the visa|
|Step 6||Lodge Visa application (within 60 days of ITA)|
|Step 7||Receive 491 Visa Grant|
- Designed for skilled workers nominated by an Australian state or territory government.
- Allows living and working in designated regions of Australia.
- Unlimited travel to and from Australia during visa validity.
- Eligible for permanent residence through the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) after 3 years.
- Requires living, working, and studying in a designated regional area.
- Opportunity to sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- Minimum annual income ($53,900/year) required for state-sponsored streams.
- Skills assessment, nomination by a state/territory, and meeting the pass mark (65 points as of 20 Dec 2022) of the point test are necessary.
- Invitation-based application process after submitting Expression of Interest.
- Age requirement: 18 to 44 years.
- Proof of English language proficiency and compliance with health/character standards.
- Prioritized processing of regional applications.
- Encourages longer stay and community engagement for immigrants.
- Additional points awarded to subclass 491 visa applicants.