Book Your Free Consultation Today!
Types of Visas
This visa provides a travel facility for up to five years from the date of the grant, enabling holders to maintain their status as permanent residents.
To be eligible for the Subclass 155 (Resident Return) Visa, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold Australian permanent residency
- Be a former Australian permanent resident whose previous permanent visa was not cancelled
- Be a former Australian citizen who voluntarily renounced or lost Australian citizenship (Note: Australian citizens are not eligible for this visa)
- Enjoy the privilege of traveling to and from Australia as a permanent resident until the travel facility of your visa expires.
- Note that if you depart Australia after your permanent visa’s travel facility has expired, you won’t be able to re-enter as a permanent resident. To return as a permanent resident, you must apply for and be granted the Subclass 155 visa before your arrival.
- For permanent residents already in Australia who do not wish to travel, applying for this visa is optional.
- There are no restrictions on the number of times you can apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV).
The Subclass 155 (Resident Return) Visa ensures that permanent residents have the flexibility to travel internationally while maintaining their permanent resident status in Australia.