Book Your Free Consultation Today!
Types of Visas
The 102 (Adoption) visa provides the opportunity for children who have been adopted outside of Australia to live in the country with their adoptive parent. Within a span of five years from the visa issuance date, the child is permitted to make multiple trips to and from Australia, as long as the travel authorization on the visa remains valid.
- Allows indefinite stay in Australia with the adoptive parent.
- Offers the privilege to work and study in Australia.
- Enables enrollment in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare.
- Provides the ability to sponsor relatives to come to Australia.
- Offers eligibility to apply for Australian citizenship if criteria are met.
- The child must have been below the age of 18 at the time of adoption, application submission, and decision-making.
- The child should be outside of Australia when the visa application is lodged.
- The child must have either been adopted or be in the process of being adopted by their sponsor parent.
Duration of Stay for the Child
- The visa confers an indefinite stay in Australia, establishing permanent residency upon its grant.
Inclusion of Other Children
- Siblings wishing to apply for an adoption visa must submit separate applications.
- Dependent children of the applicant can be included in the application at the time of submission or added later until the decision is made.
- Dependent children must meet health requirements, even if they are not traveling to Australia.