Book Your Free Consultation Today!
Types of Visas
173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) Visa
A Short-term temporary visa is available for parents of established Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens who wish to visit Australia.
- You have the opportunity to reside in Australia for a maximum of 2 years.
- You can engage in work and study activities within Australia (please note that you will not be eligible for government assistance).
- You have the option to apply for a permanent Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143).
- You can access Australia’s public health care system, Medicare.
- You must be sponsored by an eligible child who is an established Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- You need to meet the balance-of-family test.
- You must adhere to all visa conditions and abide by Australian laws.
- You should not have previously applied for or be in possession of a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa at the time of applying for this visa.