Book Your Free Consultation Today!
Types of Visas
870 (Sponsored Parent) Visa provides an opportunity for temporary reunification with your children in Australia. This visa allows you to visit Australia for initial periods of 3 or 5 years per visa. Furthermore, you have the option to reapply for additional Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visas, enabling a cumulative stay of up to a maximum period of 10 years in Australia.
- Allows visits to Australia for initial durations of 3 or 5 years per visa.
- Possibility to apply for subsequent visas for an extended stay, with a cumulative maximum period in Australia of up to 10 years.
- Engaging in work activities within Australia is not permitted.
- Prior to lodging an application for this visa, you must have an approved Parent Sponsor.
- Application for this visa must be submitted online.
- Visa application should be lodged within 6 months of receiving sponsorship approval, or within 60 days if Permission to Apply is granted within Australia.
- This visa category does not provide a pathway to permanent residency.
- Application for permanent or temporary parent visas is not possible if you have either applied for or currently hold the Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa.
Conditions for Prolonged Stay in Australia
- Accumulative stay in Australia is limited to a maximum of 10 years.
- Visa extension is not possible; instead, you must apply for an alternative visa.
- For eligibility to be granted another Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa, you must spend at least 90 consecutive days outside of Australia, unless granted Permission to Apply in Australia.
- Upon reaching the cumulative maximum stay of 10 years under Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visas, you must either depart Australia or apply for a different visa type that permits you to remain in the country. A further grant of the Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa will not be