Book Your Free Consultation Today!
Types of Visas
The 836 (Carer) visa allows you to reside in Australia while providing ongoing care for a patient who requires consistent medical attention and lacks convenient access to treatment options in the country. The individual you are caring for must be your Australian relative needing care, or a family member of your relative who lives with them and also requires care.
Key Differences from Subclass 116:
One of the key differences between subclasses 116 and 836 is the applicant’s location when applying and when the visa is granted. Subclass 836 (Carer) visa is designed for onshore applicants.
- Provides indefinite stay in Australia.
- Allows you to work and pursue studies in Australia.
- Offers enrollment in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare.
- Enables you to sponsor your relatives to migrate to Australia.
- Allows travel to and from Australia for a period of 5 years.
- Provides the opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship, contingent upon meeting eligibility criteria.
- You can reside in Australia as a permanent resident.
- You can engage in work and studies within Australia.
- You are eligible to travel to and from Australia for a period of 5 years.