The Migration and Mobility Partnership Arrangement (MMPA), a bilateral framework that supports and encourages two-way migration and mobility between two countries, was signed between Australia and India.
The Mobility Arrangement for Talented Early Professionals Scheme, or “MATES,” was instituted under the MMPA and allows early career professionals and graduates of Indian universities to move around the country temporarily.
Who is Eligible?
MATES will be open to Indian National candidates who:
- Are below 30 or younger (inclusive) at the time of application.
- Have not previously participated in MATES.
- Have proficiency in the English language.
- Have graduated within 2 years from a recognised and verified university at the time of application.
- Qualifies (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in one of the following:
– Information Communications Technology (ICT)
– Financial Technology (FinTech)
– Renewable Energy
– Agricultural Technology (AgriTech)
– Artificial Intelligence (AI)
There will be no requirement for sponsorship by an Australian employer to be eligible to apply for a visa as part of MATES. Participants will be permitted to live and work in Australia for a maximum of two years. Although visa holders are not strictly required to work in their designated field of study, the programme will help aspiring professionals grow their networks and skill sets.
If participants meet the requirements, they can apply for another visa to live in Australia for a more extended period, permanently or temporarily. MATES participants are not permitted to participate in the Scheme more than once.
An Implementation Protocol is being developed to define the modalities of MATES. The protocol will ensure diversity, fairness, and equity access and support the integrity of the Scheme.
Seize this golden opportunity with F4MG on a first-come, first-serve basis.