Book Your Free Consultation Today!

Home > > Types of Visas > > Parivaar Family Visas > > Child Visa
Migrate with F4MG
Child Visa

The Australian government provides a variety of child visas to accommodate various family scenarios, including adopted children and dependent children joining their parents. Australia has three kinds of child visas, each with slightly different requirements. They can award a child multiple benefits based on the type of visa, including permanent rights to reside, work, and study in Australia; unrestricted travel to and from Australia; access to the public health care system in Australia; and the opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship.

102 (Adoption) Visa
The Adoption Visa (Subclass 102) allows children adopted abroad to live in Australia with their adoptive parents. This visa grants the child indefinite stay with the adoptive parent/s, permission to work and study in the country, access to Medicare, the ability to sponsor relatives to come to Australia, and eligibility to apply for Australian citizenship. The child must be sponsored by an eligible adoptive parent and the government must approve this sponsorship. The child must also be under 18 years at the time of adoption, application submission, and decision. Adoption or being in the adoption process is a non-negotiable prerequisite.
101 (Child) Visa
The Child Visa (Subclass 101) allows children outside Australia to live with their parents in the country permanently. They can work and study, access Medicare, sponsor relatives, and apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible. The visa must be applied for when the child is outside Australia, and they must be dependent on their parents, not have a partner or spouse, and have a sponsor who is an eligible parent or parent’s spouse or parent’s de facto partner. The child must also meet the health and character requirements.
802 (Child) Visa
The Child Visa (Subclass 802) facilitates a child’s permanent residence in Australia with their parents, offering benefits such as indefinite stay, work and study rights, enrollment in Medicare, sponsorship of relatives, and Australian citizenship if eligible. Applicants must be in Australia when applying, and restrictions include having no partner, dependence on a parent sponsor who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident visa holder, or eligible New Zealand citizen.