Australia’s captivating landscapes, vibrant cities, and boundless opportunities awaits you. If you’re eager to turn your Australian PR aspirations into reality and embark on a journey to migrate to Australia, the 887 Skilled Regional PR Visa might be your golden ticket. In this guide, we will explore the details of this visa subclass in depth and how it can pave your way to permanent residency in Australia.
Understanding the 887 Skilled Regional PR Visa:
The 887 Skilled Regional PR Visa is a gateway to obtain permanent residency for individuals who have previously held specific provisional visas, namely the Subclass 489, 495, 496, 475, or 487 visas. This pathway is designed to encourage migrants to live, work, and contribute in the development of regional areas in Australia.
Key Benefits of the 887 Visa:
1. Permanent Residency (PR) Status: The 887 visa provides you PR status, granting you the freedom to live, work, and settle anywhere across the Australian continent.
2. No Points Test Required: Unlike other skilled visas, the 887 visa does not include a points test. This streamlined process simplifies your journey for permanent residency.
3. Work and Study Opportunities: As a permanent resident, you have full access to work and study in Australia. It opens your doors to a world of educational and professional growth.
4. Healthcare and Social Services: Your PR status grants you access to Australia’s world-renowned healthcare system and various social services, ensuring your well-being and quality of life.
5. Pathway to Citizenship: Holding an 887 visa could help you to get Australian citizenship, allowing you to get engrossed into the nation’s diverse and vibrant culture.
To be eligible for the 887 Skilled Regional PR Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Previous Provisional Visa Holder: You must have previously held one of the designated provisional visas mentioned earlier.
2. Residency in a Regional Area: You must have lived and worked in a specified regional area of Australia for at least two years.
3. Work Requirement: During your two years in the regional area, you should have worked full-time for at least 12 months.
4. Health and Character Checks: Standard health and character requirements must be met by all applicants.
Meet all the Specific Visa Criteria: Each previous provisional visas has unique criteria that must be fulfilled.
Applying for the 887 Visa:
The 887 Skilled Regional PR Visa application process involves several stages, including preparing the necessary documentation, meeting the eligibility criteria, and submitting an application through the online portal. Once submitted, your application will be assessed by the Department of Home Affairs.
The 887 Skilled Regional PR Visa offers an exciting avenue for turning your Australian PR dreams into a tangible reality. Whether you’re drawn to the allure of Australia’s stunning landscapes or the promise of professional growth, the visa subclass can pave the way for your journey toward permanent residency.